HLUK aims to be as clear as possible about how and why we use information about you so that you can be confident that your privacy is protected. This policy describes the information that HLUK collects about you. This information includes personal data as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 (and the Data Protection Regulations 2018).
The policy tells you how we manage and protect your information when you volunteer to help or participate in our Events, when you contact us and when we contact you. We collect this information in accordance with all laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2016.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our data protection officer is our Chair, Mrs Barbara Cohen.
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact the Chair of HLUK Joint Committee. If you are not satisfied with the answers from the Chair, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk
- Why do we need to collect your personal data?
We need to collect your personal information so that we can:
- Know who you are so that we can communicate with you personally and directly. Legally we have a legitimate interest in so doing.
- What personal data do we collect and when do we collect it?
In order for you to participate as a volunteer in our Events, we need to collect the following information about you:
- Contact details: phone numbers including a mobile number, and email address
- How do we use the information that we collect?
We use the data we collect from you in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about Events and training for Events, we use your name and contact details such as telephone number, and email address.
- To request your feedback after you have participated as a volunteer in our Events, we will contact you by email.
- Where do we keep the information we collect?
We keep the information we collect as follows:
- We collect your data via Google forms on Google Drive. This data is shared with nominated HLUK joint committee members and accessed by them via password protected computers.
- We maintain paper records during the period of each year’s Events. These are shredded after the Events.
- We collate your feedback via email and save this on password protected computer storage belonging to HLUK joint committee members.
- How long do we keep information?
We keep your contact information from year to year in order to invite you to volunteer in our Events. You can withdraw from this list of emails / phone numbers at any time.
We keep your email feedback for a year, in order to inform the following year’s programme development.
- To whom do we send your information?
We send your contact information to the co-ordinators of our Events at the synagogues in which you may be volunteering.
- How can I see the information you have about me?
You can request a copy of the information we store about you at any time. This will always be provided.
- Will we send emails and text messages to you?
We will send you emails and text messages regarding training for your participation in our Events, and regarding details, dates and information about the Events themselves.
This policy will be reviewed annually or in response to changes in legislation and/or government guidance.
HLUK Joint Committee, 2020